Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a grant from the foundation?
The 11th Hour Project does not accept unsolicited proposals or letters of inquiry. In keeping with our charter, we do not provide funding to individuals. You may find it helpful to visit the web site of the Foundation Center, a nonprofit organization that offers tools for locating prospective funders.
- Whom do I contact to invite the founders, board members or a member of staff to speak at a conference, event or be interviewed?
For public relations or media related inquiries, please email email@example.com.
- I see you do not publish contact information for your program staff, how can I reach them directly?
Please send any inquiry for our program staff to firstname.lastname@example.org and your email will be directed to the appropriate person.
- How do I apply for a Program Related Investment or loan?
- We only invest in a limited number of organizations that are highly aligned with our mission and funding principles. This process is not open to unsolicited requests or letters of inquiries.
- How do I apply for a job at The Schmidt Family Foundation?
- When positions become available, we engage with our network of funders, associates and friends in addition to posting open positions on related job boards and websites.
- How do I apply for internship or volunteer opportunities?
- The Schmidt Family Foundation does not offer internship or volunteer opportunities.
- What is the relationship between the 11th Hour Project, The Schmidt Family Foundation, ReMain Nantucket and The Schmidt Ocean Institute?
- Both the 11th Hour Project and ReMain Nantucket (http://remainnantucket.org) are programs of The Schmidt Family Foundation. The Schmidt Ocean Institute is a separate 501(c)(3) private non-profit operating foundation established in March 2009 to advance ocean exploration, discovery, and knowledge, and catalyze sharing of information about the oceans. Although we have our founders in common, our mission and program areas are separate.
- I represent a professional investment firm and am interested in speaking with someone who manages the Foundation’s capital. With whom should I contact?
- Please send your inquiry to email@example.com and your email will be directed to the appropriate person.